Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Myth Of Flawless Canadian Curling Ice

So, I'm starting my fourth year of curling. I'm still a bit of a curling youngster. But I have traveled around a bit to watch curling, at all levels, and I've thrown on more than a few different sheets now. Watching this tournament here in Nova Scotia I can safely say that not all Canadian curling ice is great.  We can slay that Unicorn right now. 

Some of this ice is decidedly mediocre (I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm just say'n it ain't all great like I've been blugeoned over the head to believe). Sure, it's all kilometers better than anything we regularly curl on back home but the myth of all ice in Canada being next level better than in the states is just that: a fluffy, snowy white myth. Don't you buy it either. 

So remember that the next time you're on curling ice in Seattle, or Fargo, or Phoenix, or Portland or anywhere. We have good ice makers in the US too. Damn good ones, at all levels. 

Here's to the ice makers, wherever they may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment